Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stupid Left Contact

I wear night contacts (rigid gas permeable). In short, you put them in at night, and their rigidness and their weight molds your eye back to the correct shape so that when you take them out in the morning, your eyes will be okay for the rest of the day.

Last night, however, when I put my left contact in, it hurt a little- just like a piece of sand had gotten into your eye. I ignored it. Tears usually flush out whatever is hidden inside the contact.

The night crawled slowly by. The agitation behind my contact keeps growing, and growing. I put Visine in my eyes. It brings temporary relief. I roll my eyes around, hoping that whatever it is bothering me will dislodge itself. It doesn't work. My eye feels like someone's pressing hard with a sharp fingernail onto it.

Enter 2 in the morning. I get mad at the dumb contact. I take it out, wash it, then stick it back in (I almost thought I lost it in the dark). It still hurts.

Finally, at 4 in the morning (3:48- I checked), I give up. I take out my contacts, wash them, put them back inside their case, and rub my eyes for the next twenty minutes. Then I went back to sleep.

Ah...sounds like a nice ending, doesn't it?

It's not the end yet...

It's 7 in the morning. I'm awake, and doing work. My left eye hurts like crazy- and I'm tired. Really, really, tired. Every time I blink tears come out because the eye and the eyelid keep rubbing against each other in a really annoying way. My eye was red and sensitive. The contact had left a trail of death.

Until 9, I walked around with my right eye closed...I dunno why that helped the pain. I just know that then the left eye couldn't close, and so it couldn't rub and be annoying.

But yes. That was my morning.

I'm going to clean my contact very well before putting it in tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People Counter